The SJH Communications ICT System Administrator is primarily responsible for working with and supporting our clients IT everyday needs to ensure that all IT administrative and support tasks and functions are carried out in accordance with the organisation’s operational plan. Furthermore, the IT Support Officer will provide support to SJH Managing Director on projects internal and externally to SJH Communications.
The role sits within the IT team, directly accountable to the Managing Director, Shane Hamilton. The ICT System Administrator is responsible for all ICT Administrative and operational functions including, but not limited to, the management of information technology systems, equipment, and operational processes.
- Provide first and Level 2 IT Support and Management
- Troubleshooting IT software and hardware issues
- Coordinating the IT Helpdesk
- Assist in investigating and reporting on new IT software’s fit
- Assist in the creation of forms and other online processes
- Provide IT training and Project Support (e.g. coordination of meetings, agendas, minutes, communications, and basic business analyst skills)
- Monthly Reporting to your Manager
- Assist in maintaining the IT Asset Register
- Assist with internal and external projects
- Coordinating IT software and hardware purchases
- Assisting with IT billing & payment processes
- After hours IT support (roster)
- Management of SJH Communications customers Mobile Phones, Data and Landlines, required billing and usage monitoring
- Other duties as required
- Internal Management of SJH Communications security policies, procedures, and processes
- Collaboration of Marketing, Processes, and systems for go-to-market
- Strategies and Vision for go-to-market planning
- Collaboration of Customer Retention strategy under direction of Management team.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
The following criteria must be met for consideration for this position.
- A combination of relevant experience or education/training in a corporate IT support position
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications, operating systems & group policies.
- Office 365, Skype for Business & Microsoft Teams administration, and Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019 Domain administration associated roles and services (AD/DNS/DHCP).
- SharePoint administration
- VPN configuration and management
- Network monitoring and management
- Rack patching and equipment installation
- Relevant training/experience in 2 level IT Support and IT systems
- Exceptional personal presentation with a professional manner for client relationship
- Pleasant phone manner
- Experience in dealing with difficult phone calls where empathy and discretion is required
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently but also within a collaborative team environment
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to work productively with a broad range of people from a variety of backgrounds and experiences
- Exceptional time management, organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to achieve outcomes within agreed timeframes and under time pressures
- Exceptional multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work confidentially and productively with a high level of tact and diplomacy
- Scope technical diagrams, present technical solutions and manage client projects from a technical background.
- Basic accounting and budgeting skills
- Understanding of PBX environment & VoIP systems
- Knowledge in SharePoint and other online information systems
- Basic business analyst skills
- Basic knowledge of 3CX systems with the attitude to learn and develop skills in this area.
POLICIES AND WORKPLACE PRACTICES
All SJH Communications employees are always required to acquaint themselves with the organisation’s policies and procedures and to abide by them. It is always expected that, employees will:
- Be respectful towards the organisation, colleagues, clients, and the public
- Be cognisant with and uphold the objectives and philosophy of SJH Communications
- Act collaboratively with all colleagues
- Act in a safe and responsible manner always.
We invite interested and qualified applications to submit an application consisting of CV, references and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.