An expense like the business phone system is more often seen as a necessary evil that comes up either when the office is moving or when the old system just gives up the ghost. A common practice is to put off the expense of a new system for as long as possible getting the most value out of the previous capital spend.
But as 2023 kicks off and business is getting more competitive both for attracting customers and good employees, it may be time to review your businesses communication system even if it is still “doing its job”. There are now highly advanced cloud based phone systems called VOIP and they offer business some much more than just phones and internet.
Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phone systems offer a number of benefits for businesses. Some of the most notable advantages include:
- Cost savings: VoIP systems typically have a lower total cost of ownership than traditional phone systems, as they use the internet to make calls instead of a traditional telephone network. This can result in significant savings on long-distance and international call charges.
- Scalability: VoIP systems can be easily scaled up or down to match the changing needs of a business. As the business grows or changes, the system can be adjusted to accommodate more users or lines.
- Flexibility: VoIP systems allow users to make and receive calls using any device with internet access, including smartphones and laptops, which can greatly increase the mobility and flexibility of your employees.
- Advanced features: VoIP systems typically include a wide range of advanced features such as call routing, voicemail, conference calling, and more. This can help to improve the efficiency and productivity of your business.
- Integration: VoIP systems can be easily integrated with other software such as customer relationship management (CRM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, which can help to streamline business processes and improve data sharing.
- Better communication: With VoIP, you can have all employees at different locations, office, home or remote, integrated into the same phone system, and better communication among team members, which leads to improved customer service, increased productivity and better collaboration within your team.
In summary, VoIP phone systems can offer cost savings, scalability, flexibility, advanced features, easy integration, and better communication, these can bring a host of benefits to businesses. It’s important to note that, before switching to VoIP, it is important to ensure that the internet connection is reliable and fast enough to support the quality of calls required by your business.
Contact an adviser at SJH Communications (a Hunter based independent telco with a great reputation for service) to discuss what is possible and how little a new system actually may be in 2023. Phone 4044 2303 or email here.